11.15.2010

Mark. Event with Ashley Greene!

I love floral design!  For me, it really soothes the soul.  Whenever I take on a floral gig I always first go to the flower market to see what's in season, what new ideas for vases and other inspiration is out there to get my creative juices flowing.  Every time I go, as soon as I round the corner and start heading down the lush block on 28th street I feel myself take a deep breath- I'm just so happy to be there and getting in my zone.  I really think I need to further explore doing an apprenticeship or working for a florist.

So for my last gig in particular my lovely friend Tina, who works for MKG, a small but super powerful marketing company, put on this event for Mark. cosmetics last Thursday evening.  Ashley Greene is the new face of Mark. (it used to be Lauren Conrad for those of you familiar with the brand).  Ashley was interviewed by Suchin Pak (awesome MTV VJ who also heads up the Hester Flea Market here) about being the new brand ambassador.  So what Tina asked me to do was create a really feminine arrangement using pink and brown as the color scheme- which are Mark's signature colors.  The arrangement would be sitting on a small pedestal table in between Ashley and Suchin during their interview (aka: front and center and I better not eff it up! :). 

So I found an awesome antique-looking brown glass vase.  I had used this particular vase in silver for a larger event before so I knew it would photograph well and looks elegant.  Last year's arrangement was extremely simple- all pink roses in a plain glass vase.  I knew I wanted to make it more modern and step it up a bit.  We're talking Ashley Greene now, ya know?!

So here are the flowers I found to be in season in soft pink and that would give a modern look...

Baby pink roses for the outside... 

With Godetia bundled in the center...

and a few sprigs of Tuberrose on the outside...

And here's how the arrangement turned out...

 
The event was held at The Glasshouses in Chelsea.  The venue was amazing- 360 degree view with floor to ceiling windows.  It was on the top floor so the space was so super bright and airy...



I was really pleased with how they turned out and think Tina was too so hopefully I made a good impression and she'll use me for future events.  Tina, if you're reading, THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY!  I HAD A BLAST! :)

Last Thursday was a big day...aside from this event my girlfriend shared the news that she's preggars so we had our regular once-a-month Supperclub dinner.  Since I had leftover flowers I made an arrangment for the mommy-to-be and some little bundles for the rest of the girls.  I added some beautiful ranunculas (my fave!) too to what I had left.

Here's how they turned out....

Arrangement for the new mom-to-be...

I used pink gauzy-ribbon I had on hand along with some skinny suede string and wrapped a typical glass vase to make it a little more unique...



And here are the bundles for the girls...

I especially love using craft paper and twine to wrap up soft delicate bunches.  Doesn't it make them look so hand made and rustic?!


What a great girly & pink-filled day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment