12.31.2010

Ring in the New Year with a little gold...

Nothing says fun and festive quite like metallics, especially gold.  It's becoming a huge trend in home decor and I love that it's not just being pulled out only for the holidays anymore.  Take a peak at some of my favorite gold decor pieces out there...

If you are planning a party and are in need of table numbers, how adorable is this set of gold foiled cards?!  They can so easily be used party after party and then later take a few significant ones like your house number or wedding date, and frame them to hang on the wall in your home.

Starburst mirrors are still all the rage and I have to agree they really do make such a beautiful statement on a wall.  Remember seeing the deep hued blue walls I love so much?  How stunning would this gold mirror look layered on top?!  This one is from Target for $69.99 too!
I have had my eye on these place mats & table runner (especially the runner) since I first saw them in Barney's housewares section during NY's fashion night out.  But I have since seen them at Bloomie's and Bed Beth and Beyond as well!  The maker is Chilewich and these pieces in particular are actually made from rubber so they won't slide once on the table.  It's in this intricate coral cut work pattern and is so beautiful.
  
No one plans party's quite like event planer for-the-stars, Colin Cowie.  But with a little help from him and his new HSN line you can easily transform your table with amazing gold knotted napkin rings and crocodile chargers like these.


I thought the chargers would be great paired with something a little different like these ornate vintage gold-leafed dinner plates.  I love mixing old with new and this really makes your table looks like a million bucks!  Who's to say these plates weren't passed down in your family generation after generation? ;)

This next find is from West Elm.  I am absolutely loving that they now feature new found designers regularly!  These particular glass tumblers are from an artist by the name of Jason Polan and I thought aside from a toothbrush holder they'd work great as flower vases.  Now back to Jason.  He's most recently written a book that is a guided tour of the MoMA (Musueum of Modern Art) here in the city.  He also sketches random New Yorkers in the subways, museums and restaurants and then posts them on his blog.  We should probably all take a peek right now just to make sure our mugs aren't on there, ha!  He's a super creative individual and I love that he'll be getting quite a following now due to these pieces in West Elm.

Lastly, I know I've mentioned this before, I love creating little vignettes.  On tables, a cluster of decorative pieces and maybe a little bud vase thrown in really warms the place up and gives it that finished, well put-together look.  I found these gold trophy statues and thought they'd make for a great decorative accessory in the mix.  They're from target, for $10.99!
I'm getting ready to head to my design-bestie's house tonight for a fun little dinner party.  We hit the flower district together this morning and I'll be heading to her place early to create a festive table arrangement.  Stay tuned for how that turns out next week!  You know there will be some metallic! :) 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  CHEERS TO 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment