11.17.2010

Timorous Beasties

My ears are ringing!!!  My design-bestie and I just had a total ESP moment!  The title of today's blog post is actually the name one of the most interesting wall paper companies I have ever come across. Here's their website: Timorous Beasties.

I decided to venture into the NYDC (New York Design Center) recently and roam around.  Now that I have my business license I am privileged to buy from these "to the trade only" designer furniture, decor and textile showrooms.  I was like a kid in a candy store roaming through this building!  During my first pop-in to a modern showroom I perused through the wallpaper hangers in the back and a sales guy brought over all of the Timorous Beasties books for me to look through highlighting this one specific toile they had.  My ears perked!  My design-bestie had just told me over dinner that she wants to wallpaper her country cabin's bathroom and to be on the lookout for a toile in a green colorway.  This toile in particular is really unique.  Unlike typical french toiles where there are dainty pictures of intricate trees or people picnic-ing, this toile is of London's street action.  Police cars, gangsters, and guys drinking.  One vignette even depicts a guy pulling a gun on someone.  Like I said, not your typical toile!

Here's your typical toile...

And here's Timorous Beasties' London Toile...

Here's a close up of one of the vignettes in person...

I texted her immediately saying I had found the most unique green toile and I couldn't wait to show her and then she called me within minutes to discuss.  She had found the exact same one online the week before!  We were totally floored!  Out of all the toiles you could possibly choose we both picked this crazy one?!   There's two amazing things about this besides the whole ESP occurrence.  The first is that this really would be the best conversation piece in a home because unless you get up close you really can't make out what's going on.  And the second is that I found out the designer is coming out with a New York version next year!!  Seriously, what could be better than that?!!  Love my design-bestie and can't wait for the day when I get to step foot in her finished cabin bath.

And so you can see that the company makes other great designs besides this toile here are some of my faves...

They do beautifully detailed florals both small and large-scale...


This floral is on vinyl (super durable, easy to wipe clean and long lasting)...

I especially love their Entomology Collection with butterflies & bees...



I thought this pheasant print was so soft and whimsical.  Great for an entry-way, bedroom, powder or dressing room.

And all of their papers come in 3-4 different colorways!

Hope you all enjoy this just as much as we have!  

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous things here. I'm very glad to see your post. Thank you a lot and I'm having a look ahead to contact you.
    Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

    My site - Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete